Silverleaf Sexual Trauma Recovery Services is a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the trauma experienced by victims of sexual abuse and sexual assault. We function uniquely as a Childrens’ Advocacy Center and a Rape Crisis Center and we serve all 8 counties of the Lincoln Trail Area Development District (Hardin, Grayson, Larue, Breckinridge, Meade, Nelson, Washington, Marion), with our main office in Elizabethtown, KY. All services are provided in a friendly, safe and nurturing environment and are of NO COST to the victim or the victim’s family. Silverleaf also offers education and support to the community in efforts to promote a more proactive approach to ending all types of sexual violence.
It is our mission to promote the health and well-being of our communities by overcoming the impact and prevalence of sexual trauma through service, education, and leadership.
Did You Know ??
- Every 2 minutes someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted.
- 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 6 boys are sexually abused before their 18th birthday.
- 15% of sexual assault and rape victims are children under the age of 12.
- 60% of sexual assaults are not reported to the police.
- 97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail.
- In child sexual abuse cases, the abuse typically occurs within a long-term, ongoing relationship between the offender and the victim.
- Most often the child knows his or her offender.